A few weeks ago I was invited to a Bobbi Brown 'Christmas Beauty' masterclass being led by the company's Head of Artistry in the U.K., Paul Herrington. The event took place in John Lewis' Cardiff store.
Paul and the other lovely ladies and gents from 'Bobbi Brown' had taken over the Espresso Bar, where we were invited to relax with a glass of something fizzy and a mince pie. Perfect to get us in the festive mood! There was a real range of ladies at the event, from teenagers to grandmothers, and that reflects the approach that the brand has.
Paul talked us through his 10 key products from Bobbi Brown, which he thinks are essentials. Unfortunately, I lost my notebook which had my notes from the evening, so I haven't got all the details of the products. But I have been really impressed with the products that I bought on the evening, so I still wanted to post about the event.
I really enjoyed the format of the evening. Firstly, Paul demonstrated the products on members of the group on stage and took questions from the floor. The second part of the evening was where we were invited to sit at tables named after Hollywood stars and to have small-group consultations with one of the makeup artists, where we could ask more individual questions and get our hands on the products to try them
Here are some of the key products that Paul talked about over the course of the evening:
- Hydrating Face Cream - Bobbi believes that the most important skincare step is ensuring hydration, and this product is designed to provide hydration throughout the day.
- Foundation Stick - this is one of Bobbi Brown's most well-known and award-winning products, which is designed for all skin types except really oily skin. This is great for giving easy coverage on the go.
- Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner - this is another one of Bobbi's products which has won many awards, including an 'InStyle Best Beauty Buys' award. This long-lasting and water-resistant product gives the look of a liquid liner, but with a gel feel. This is definitely going on my 'to-buy' list.
- Long-Wear Cream Eye Shadow
- Metallic Long-Wear Cream Eye Shadow - this still gives the long-lasting coverage of the original cream eyeshadow, but with an added sparkle
- Pastel Sugar Sparkle Eye Quad - this is part of the brand's Christmas Collection. The sparkly, sheer texture of these shadows means that they are great for layering over neutral shades such as 'Long-Wear Cream Eye Shadow' in 'Bone', to take you from a day to an evening look.
- Shimmer Brick - This is perhaps one of Bobbi's most iconic products, and it is fair to say that there were more than a few fans of the product in the room. The shimmer bricks have 5 different bars of colour, which work together to give the skin a glow. The product can be used as a highlighter and shimmer eye shadow. There are 5 options: the original Bronze Shimmer; Pink Quartz Shimmer; Nectar Shimmer; Rose Shimmer and Beige Shimmer.
- Pot Rouge - This fantastic cream-based blush comes in five different shades. Paul recommended 'Powder Pink' as being suitable for my colouring, so I added it to my shopping list. I have been using this nearly everyday since, and I love it! It gives a really natural flush to the skin, and can also be used on the lips. It also transpires that it is the blush used by my good friend Liz, whose blusher I always love. It was obviously meant to be!